- SSAB’s primary competitors for quenched and tempered plates in Europe include ThyssenKrupp AG, AG der Dillinger Hüttenwerke and Salzgitter AG.
- SSAB’s primary European competitors for strip products vary by market and include ArcelorMittal S.A., Dillinger Hütte AG, Salzgitter AG, ThyssenKrupp and Voest Alpine.
- SSAB’s primary competitors in the US include Nucor Corporation, ArcelorMittal and Evraz plc and SSAB primarily competes with Essar Steel Limited in Canada.
- In Latin America, SSAB primarily competes with local producers such as Usiminas S.A. and imported product from suppliers such as JFE Steel Corporation and ThyssenKrupp.
- SSAB’s primary competitors in the Asia-Pacific region include both local and European steel producers. Local steel producers include the Japanese companies JFE and Nippon Steel & Sumimoto Metal Corporation, the South Korean company POSCO, and the Chinese companies Baosteel Group co. Ltd., Hebei Metals and Mineral Corporation Limited, Nanjing Iron & Steel United Co., Ltd and Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corporation as well as the Australian company Bisalloy Steel Group Limited and the Indian company Essar.
- Tibnor’s primary competitors include BE Group AB as well as a number of companies (independent or owned by foreign producers) with a narrow product focus and other steel service centres.