SSAB's median steel safety barrier is an effective way of improving traffic safety. The safe, high-strength median barrier meets the requirements of impact containment levels H1 and N2 and has been CE-approved.
Every effort has been made to make installation as simple as possible. In addition to easy installation, the cost efficiency of the median barrier system has been improved by introducing high-strength steel grades and four-meter post spacing. SSAB's median steel safety barrier has an excellent long-term durability.
The system incorporates several solutions that improve the cost-efficiency of the barrier:
- The barrier system is made of open section and incorporates an innovation that eliminates tight post length assembly tolerances from the installation process.
- End anchors can be installed without drilling through asphalt layers, speeding up the installation of end anchors.
- The number of screws in rail splices has been minimised to speed up installation.
- Rail length has been extended to 12 metres.
- Placed at four-metre intervals, rail posts can be embedded directly in the ground or in pre-installed sockets. Socket installation allows the barrier to be temporarily removed.
As the height of the barrier corresponds to the barrier height generally used in median barriers in Finland, it is easy to combine with existing barriers, type-approved impact attenuators and energy-absorbing barrier terminals.
The assembly of SSAB C210/130 barriers is straightforward and the number of components has been minimised. As the height of the barrier corresponds to the barrier height generally used in box beam barriers, it is easy to combine with existing barriers, type-approved impact attenuators and energy-absorbing barrier terminals. The barrier system includes removable rail sections, which can be used e.g. for opening temporary passageways for emergency vehicles.