Duroxite® 100 Pipe
Download data sheet
Duroxite® 100 Pipe is manufactured by depositing chromium-rich, abrasion-resistant materials on a mild steel base using a traditional arc welding process. The hardfacing overlay pipe is designed with extreme wear capabilities for working in the most severe environments. Duroxite® 100 Pipe is available with double or multiple overlay passes. Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 steel pipe as well as tubing can be hardfaced. Overlay Pipe can be fabricated as square-to-round transitions, elbows, T or Y-shaped, or as long sweeps.
Duroxite® 100 Pipe is widely used in the mining, cement, oil sands, dredging, recycling and steel production industries. Some specific applications include:
|Mining, Cement, Oil Sands||Slurry pumps, chutes|
|Steel||Air ducts, carbon injection pipes, suction lines, troughs|
For more information on applications see the Duroxite® Product brochure.
|Imperial unit||Imperial unit||Other Custom Specifications|
2 - 6"
8 - 14" 14 - 24"
24 - 36"
3 - 10 feet3 - 20 feet
6 - 20 feet
- All available gauges > Schedule 40 steel pipe
- Lengths cut or fabricated as needed- Stainless steel and other pipe grades available
- Custom diameter lengths and gauge sizes are available upon request- Diameters larger than 36” can be fabricated from formed Duroxite® 100 plate
Other plate sizes and custom thicknesses can be produced upon request.
|Number of overlay passes||Typical surface hardness1) (HRC)||Typical surface hardness1) (HV)||Surface(g max)||75 % depth of overlay 3)(g max)|
|Double or multiple||59 - 62||675 - 750||0.18||0.18|
1) Surface hardness is measured on machined flat surface just below overlay surface.
2) ASTM G65 - Procedure A weight loss, is a standard test measuring sliding abrasion resistance using a dry sand/rubber wheel apparatus. ASTM G65-Procedure A is the most severe test method.
3) ASTM G65 - Procedure A weight loss, wear test is conducted at 75% depth of the overlay materials to ensure consistently good wear resistance from the top surface through to the depth of 75% of the overlay.
4) HK is the Knoop microhardness used primarily for very brittle materials.
Welding, cutting, forming and machining
Workshop recommendations can be found in the Duroxite® overlay brochure or you can consult your local technical support representative for more information.
When welding or cutting Duroxite® products, smoke is produced containing harmful fumes and gases that are chemically highly complex and difficult to easily classify. The major toxic component in the fumes and gases produced in the process is hexavalent chromium. The proper exhaust ventilation equipment and fume-extraction torches are recommended, as well as suitable protective clothing and respiratory protection for operators.