ASTM A573 Grade 70
Download data sheet
ASTM A573 is the Standard Specification for Structural Carbon Steel Plates with Improved Toughness for carbon-manganese-silicon plates up to 1.5 inches in thickness for service primarily at atmospheric temperatures when improved toughness is important. ASTM A573 Grade 70 has specified tensile strength range of 70-90 ksi.
|ASTM A573 Grade 70||Mill Plate||0.188 - 1.500 3)||72 - 120 3)||120 - 1020 3)|
|ASTM A573 Grade 70||Temper Leveled Plate 1)||0.100 - 0.500||48 - 96||72 - 720|
|—||Coil for Conversion To 2)||0.188 - 0.500 4)||48 - 96 4)||—|
1) SSAB's Cut-To-Length facilities use the temper leveled coil (TLC) process to produce temper leveled plate products. For additional information concerning our temper leveling process, please refer to our SSAB Americas: North American Cut-to-Length Operations brochure located under the Downloads section of our Commercial Steels Overview page.
2) Coils are excluded from qualification to this specification until they are processed into a finished plate product and all required processing, inspections, and testing are performed. Coils For Conversion To product will be certified to chemistry only. Coils will be subject to availability, so please inquire.
3) Please inquire for plate dimensions outside the noted range.
4) Please inquire for coil dimensions outside the noted range. Slitting capabilities are determined by strength levels and thicknesses, so please inquire all slit coil opportunities.
Tensile testing is performed in the tranverse direction.
|Elongation in 2" 1)
|Elongation in 8" 1)
|ASTM A573 Grade 70||42||70 - 90||21||18|
1) For plates wider than 24 in., the elongation requirement is reduced two percentage points. Additional elongation requirement adjustments are allowed per the Tension Tests section of Specification ASTM A6.