Standard C section steel – cold-formed, dimensionally accurate, strong yet light
SSAB manufactures high-quality C section steel by cold roll forming the steel into a C shape. The C section consists of a wide web with two parallel flanges on the top and bottom of one side of the web and two lips.
C section sizes and grades
We provide C section steel in the standard grade S235J2C+N in a range of sizes. You can request other steel grades, plus custom lengths, punching and more.
Uses for C section steel
C channel steel often provides structural support in building construction that requires dimensional accuracy and high-quality steel. It is also used in automobiles, ships and other vehicles and to manufacture a variety of industrial, commercial and consumer products.
- Window and door frames, gates, fences
- Support for wooden beams
- Roof rafters
- Frames in cars, trucks and other vehicles
- Girts, studs, braces, joists and other structural components
- Conveyor rails
- Bridges and truss structures
- Power transmission towers, solar panel mounts
- Home appliances, metal furniture