Introducing Duroxite™ 100 Pipe available in multiple dimensions with guaranteed wear resistance
30.6.2017 14.16 CEST 6 min luettu
Overlay pipe provides extended service life when transporting wet or dry abrasive materials for mining, cement, dredging, recycling, steel mill and oil sand applications.
Hardox Wearparts announces the launch of Duroxite™100 Pipe to add to its Duroxite overlay product line. The finished pipes have the same high wear resistance as Duroxite plate products. Consistent wear properties are guaranteed throughout the pipe down to 75% of the overlay thickness as opposed to just the surface of the overlay. The remaining 25% of overlay is the transition layer necessary to maintain good bonding to the base plate. An optimal carbide composition ensures homogenous bonding between the base metal and overlay adding to its high wear resistance and long service life.
The Duroxite pipe is manufactured by welding chromium-rich, abrasion-resistant materials inside a mild steel pipe. Extremely hard chromium-rich carbides with a typical hardness of 1700 HK (Knoop micro hardness) are dispersed in a ductile eutectic austenite matrix.
Delivered in standard and customized versions
Duroxite 100 Pipe is available in multiple dimensions and shapes—in diameters from 150 to 900 mm (6-36”). The lengths can be cut to order and the ends can have custom-made flanges for easy installation in existing equipment.
The pipe can be ordered with square-to-round transitions, elbows, T or Y-shaped connections or as long sweeps. Standard Schedule 40 and 80 pipes can also be delivered with hardfacing which can substantially increase the service life over that expected from the Schedule 40 and 80 pipes alone.
Available from Hardox Wearparts worldwide
Duroxite 100 Pipe is produced in the United States and available worldwide from Hardox Wearparts. For more information contact your nearest Hardox Wearparts center at www.hardoxwearparts.com/en/contact/.