Yellow excavators are still working on Sany’s new mobile crane production site, evening out the red Hunan earth. In the top modern factory outside Changsha, 3600 crawler cranes will be produced in 2010.
- We focus a lot on quality, that is a big part of our success, says Mr. Liu, President assistant Sany Mobile Cranes.
- Also, we have experts in Europe, Japan and America developing our products, and we are not afraid to invest heavily in research to be on top of our game. The industry changes very fast. Our newest product is the SAC303, it is a great product with a great capacity.
As oil prices sore and environmental concerns become greater, the demand for construction machines to become more fuel efficient has become bigger. At the same time the market cries for more and more lift capacity. It is a tough equation. Sany has solved it through brilliant engineering and the utilization of Weldox high strength steel from SSAB.
- It is the ideal product for us. The quality is very even and stable, it has excellent workshop properties, and most importantly it keeps the weight of our machines down without compromising quality or performance, says Mr. Liu.
Weldox is a high strength structural steel. This means that lighter and more innovative structures can be built. The consistency of Weldox’s properties together with workshop friendliness offers increased productivity and shorter production lead times.
During the years that Sany and SSAB have worked together SSAB has shared a lot of their expertise, continues Liu. Onsite welding seminars with Sany’s workers is one example. Visits from Weldox experts, is another.
- The Swedes have a different working style compared to us Chinese. They have very regular working hours for instance. But it is easy to work with SSAB, they are very considerate about their customers and really care for the aftermarket.
This is made possible thanks to the staff at SSAB’s local offices. The company has local presence in over 40 countries, and serves customers in over 100 countries. Customer care is a top priority, as is impeccable products.
- Actually, to my knowledge almost all big producers of mobile cranes in China use SSAB steel in the booms, says Mr. Liu.
The Sany Group, founded by Liang Wengen, have awestricken the world. Since its establishment in Changsha in 1997 it has grown to become China’s largest private-sector construction machinery manufacturer with a turnover of 30 billion RMB. The mobile crane division is a fairly new division; still they are looking to become number one in the global mobile crane market.
- Well, our management expects that at one point or another. Why not? We have achieved this in so many other areas, says Mr. Liu, as he watches a Sany excavator preparing yet another production site.
SSAB is a world leader in the supply of high strength steels. SSAB offers products that have been developed in cooperation with customers, with the aim of creating a stronger, lighter and more durable world.
SSAB has 8 700 employees in more than 45 countries, and has production plants in Sweden and the USA. SSAB is quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic stock exchange, Stockholm.