SSAB is a Nordic and US-based steel company with a global reach. SSAB is a leading producer on the global market for Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T), strip, plate and tubular products, as well as construction solutions. SSAB offers value added products and services developed in close cooperation with its customers to create a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
SSAB has employees in over 50 countries and has production facilities in Sweden, Finland and the US. SSAB is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm and has a secondary listing on the NASDAQ OMX in Helsinki as of August 1, 2014.
- Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden
- President & CEO Martin Lindqvist
- Annual steel production capacity of 8.8 million tons
- 17,300 employees
- Net Sales: SEK 56 billion (2013)
- Luleå (Sweden), SSAB Europe
- Raahe (Finland), SSAB Europe
- Hämeenlinna (Finland), SSAB Europe
- Borlänge (Sweden), SSAB Europe
- Oxelösund (Sweden), SSAB Special Steel
- Mobile (USA), SSAB Americas
- Montpellier (USA), SSAB Americas
SSAB’s organization is divided into the following areas:
- SSAB Special Steels – Global steel and service partner in value added Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T)
- SSAB Europe – Nordic based steel producer of high-quality strip, heavy plate and tubes
- SSAB Americas –North American based steel producer of high-quality heavy plate
- Tibnor – Nordic full-service steel distribution partner
- Ruukki Construction –European provider of energy-efficient building and construction solutions
Please click here for more information about the merger between SSAB and Ruukki.