SSAB is a highly specialized, global steel company. The company is a leading producer on the global market for Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered Steels (Q&T), strip, plate and tubular products, as well as construction solutions.
SSAB’s steels help to make end products lighter and increase their strength and lifespan.
SSAB has a cost-efficient and flexible production system. SSAB’s production plants in Sweden, Finland and the US have an annual steel production capacity of 8.8 million tonnes. The company also has capacity to process and finish various steel products in China and a number of other countries. In Sweden and Finland, production is integrated into a blast furnace process. In the US, it is scrap-based production in electric arc furnaces.
SSAB’s five divisions:
- SSAB Special Steels – Global steel and service partner in value-added Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T)
- SSAB Europe – The leading Nordic-based steel producer of high-quality strip, plate and tubular products
- SSAB Americas – Market-leading North American steel producer of high-quality heavy plate
- Tibnor – The leading Nordic distributor of steel and non-ferrous metals
- Ruukki Construction - European provider of energy-efficient building and construction solutions
SSAB is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Large cap list) and has a secondary listing on Nasdaq Helsinki.
- Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden
- President & CEO Martin Lindqvist
- SSAB employs approximately 17,000 people in 50 countries
- Net sales 2014: SEK 60 billion pro forma (SEK 57 billion in 2013)
We are unique
- A global leader in value-added high-strength steels
- The origin of the best applications development and service innovations
- Leading home market positions in the Nordics and US
- Long-term customer relationships
- Strong end-user focus
- Unique, globally recognized brands
Main production sites
- Luleå, Sweden, SSAB Europe
- Raahe, Finland, SSAB Europe
- Hämeenlinna, Finland, SSAB Europe
- Borlänge, Sweden, SSAB Europe
- Oxelösund, Sweden, SSAB Special Steels
- Mobile, USA, SSAB Americas
- Montpelier, USA, SSAB Americas