SSAB is a Nordic and US-based steel company with a global reach and cost-efficient and flexible production system. SSAB is a leading producer on the global market for Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T), standard strip, plate and tubular products, as well as construction solutions.
SSAB´s steels contribute to lighter weight of the end product and also increase the strength and life length of the product.
The company has an annual steel production capacity of 8.8 million tons. SSAB has production plants in Sweden, Finland and the US. There is also a capacity to process and finish the various steel products in China and a number of other countries. In Sweden and Finland, production is integrated in a blast furnace process. In the US, it is scrap-based production in electric arc furnaces.
SSAB employs approximately 17,300 people in 50 countries.
SSAB’s organization is centered around the following areas:
- SSAB Special Steels – Global steel and service partner in value added Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) and Quenched & Tempered steels (Q&T)
- SSAB Europe – Leading Nordic based steel producer of high-quality strip, heavy plate and tubes
- SSAB Americas – Leading North American based steel producer of high-quality heavy plate
- Tibnor – Leading Nordic full-service steel distribution partner
- Ruukki Construction - Leading European provider of energy-efficient building and construction solutions
SSAB’s joint product brand portfolio will be ready in the beginning of 2015, until then the brand portfolio contains the product brands of both companies and products are sold through current sales channels.
SSAB is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm and has a secondary listing on the NASDAQ OMX in Helsinki as of August 1.
More information will be updated during the fall once the new organization is in place. Please click here for more information about the merger between SSAB and Ruukki.