SSAB has adopted an environmental and sustainability policy. It stipulates the most important ambitions for SSAB's sustainability work, and includes the environmental and social aspects that are key to sustainable development of SSAB's activities. SSAB's Code of Business Ethics provides guidelines in how SSAB operates in terms of stakeholders and the market.
The Code of Business Ethics takes precedence over all policies at division and subsidiary level and can in certain instances be more extensive than laws and regulations. SSAB has special instructions regarding bribery and corruption. Issues related to diversity and equal opportunities are governed by a separate policy.
A summary of SSAB's environmental and sustainability policy
- SSAB shall continue to develop products and services together with customers in order to actively contribute to an environmentally sound and profitable business.
- SSAB's focus is on effective utilization of raw materials and energy, as well as reducing waste
- SSAB respects its employees and provides a safe working environment that encourages development
- Striving for transparency and openness
SSAB's Code of Business Ethics provides guidelines in
- Health and safety for employees
- Diversity and internationally recognized labor standards
- Business ethics and integrity
- Human rights
- Stakeholder and community relations
SSAB's Instructions regarding the prohibition of bribery
- The purpose of these instructions is to state the principles which apply within SSAB regarding the giving and taking of benefits; and
- to make it easier for employees to assess whether or not a benefit is permitted.