The General Meeting is the Company’s highest decision-making body; it is where that shareholder influence in the Company is exercised. At the Annual General Meeting (Ordinary General Meeting), the shareholders decide, among other things, on the following:
- Adoption of the Annual Report and consolidated financial statements
- Allocation of the Company’s profit
- Discharge from liability for the Board of Directors and the President
- Election of the Board and its Chairman and, where appropriate, election of auditors
- Method of appointment of the Nomination Committee
- Compensation to the Board and the auditors
- Guidelines for compensation to the President and other senior executives
2010 Annual General Meeting
The 2010 Annual General Meeting adopted the Annual Report and consolidated financial statements for 2009 presented by the Board and the President, decided on the allocation of the Company’s profit, and granted the directors and the President discharge from liability.
In addition, the Chairman of the Nomination Committee described the work during the year and the reasons for the presented proposals. The General Meeting decided on compensation to the Board and auditors in accordance with the Nomination Committee’s proposals. Carl Bennet, Anders G Carlberg, Olof Faxander (President and CEO), Sverker Martin-Löf (Chairman), Marianne Nivert, Anders Nyrén, Matti Sundberg, John Tulloch and Lars Westerberg were re-elected as directors.
The General Meeting decided that the dividend would be SEK 1.00 per share. All directors and the auditor-in-charge were present at the Annual General Meeting.
See the minutes of the General Meeting on www.ssab.com.